Completed Twin Nursery
My Completed Twin Nursery
When I found out I was pregnant, one of the most fun things for me was to decide how to decorate the twin nursery. I looked at a lot of different decorating sites like Apartment Therapy’s Nursery section and Lay Baby Lay. Regardless of whether it was a boy or a girl, I’d wanted the walls to be this robin’s egg blue (paint color: Valspar River Mist) and then to have bright accent colors. Then we found out we were having twin girls!
I decided on a mostly pink, red and white accents plus the blue of the walls similar to some color schemes Cath Kidston uses in her floral fabrics. I found this whimsical print, “You Are So Loved” on etsy by The Wheatfield by Katie Daisy and some Japanese fabric called Rose Bouquet from Lecien’s Flower Sugar collection. I pulled my colors and style from these. Some items were ones I already had like the Japanese papercut cards, the mice print, the girl in the stars canvas, vintage linens, dresser, Swimmer jars and various toys.
It was a bit hard to settle on a twin nursery layout since we had to fit two cribs in, but by laying the room out in a grid on the computer I was able to try multiple layouts to see what worked best. We also used painter’s tape to draw the outlines of the furniture sizes on the carpet to help us visualize them in the room.
Photos of our girly twin nursery:
Snow White and Rose Red
Twin angel frame from my aunt with a photo of my mom holding me as a baby. The nest with two pink eggs is a gift from my mom.
My booties from when I was a baby. Pillow was a gift from Baby, The Stars Shine Bright.
Sanrio Little Twin Stars
Hello Kitty Humidifier
Book tote embroidered by my cousin for me. Hannari Tofu Pillow.
Heirloom blanket from when I was a baby. Box from BabiesRUs. Sock-topus from my friends.
I got this print at San Diego Comic Con a few years ago.
Curtains I made using Lecien Flower Sugar fabric and rickrack. Basic panel curtains like this are so easy to make…! Just make a little pocket in the top for the rod and hem them up! I made the pink lattice pillow, too. Light green table from Homegoods. (A gift from my parents.)
Vintage flower linen and Ikea animal lamps.
Photos of my husband and I as babies with family.
Dolls were a gift from my cousin.
Japanese papercut cards from Kinokuniya.
Handmade quilts from my friend, AJ!
Glow in the dark star stickers.
- Changing Table: Ikea Expedit with Anthropologie knobs.
- Rustic Gauze Shanghai Lanterns, AsianIdeas
- Curtains: handmade using Lecien Flower Sugar Rose Bouquet fabric and large rickrack trim.
- Pink Lattice Pillow: handmade with Dena Fishbein’s Tarika fabric.
- Circular Indian embroidered pillow: OneKingsLane
- Green side table: HomeGoods
- Red and Blue SPÖKA animal night lights: Ikea
- Strawberry jar: Swimmer
- Heart Pillow: Baby The Stars Shine Bright Paris Anniversary.
- Pink Hannari Tofu Pillow.
- Flower Handkerchiefs: Vintage
- Glider: LaZBoy
- Prints: “You Are So Loved”, Japanese papercut cards from Kinokuniya, Girl and the stars painting: ”Out of Everywhere” 1929 by Elisabeth Montgomery, vintage Snow White and Rose Red illustration, family photos.
- Red Lattice Shelf: “Hook Your Shelf Up” Land of Nod
- White small bookshelves, closet shelf, closet dresser: Ikea
- Cribs: Delta Sophia
- Sheets, Mobiles, Rose Wreath and Bins: Target
- Quilts: Handmade gifts by AJ