Late 18th Century Anglaise a la Polonaise Gown – Pink Floral
Debut: 18th Century Spring Tea at Huntington Gardens, April 2012
I bought beautiful pink hand painted silk fabric for an anglaise back in 2009. It took me this long to get around to make my 18th Century Anglaise a la Polonaise gown with it, despite how much I loved the fabric…!
My 18th Century Anglaise a la Polonaise gown is based on JPRyan’s Anglaise Pattern, View A. Chantal helped me fix some fitting issues with the muslin. The corset worn under it is the JPRyan half-boned stays. The dress should be around the 1760’s-80’s. I love J.P.Ryan’s patterns and highly recommend them!
I made the fichu based on this pattern from the book on 18th Century Embroidery. The petticoat was drafted loosely based on some previous ones I’d made (and was sewn onto the waist band the morning of the event thanks to Judy). The petticoat fabric was a quilted blanket from Big Lots that Judy had found and split with me.
The wig is a teased out Lioness by Wig America.
The straw hat was steamed to flip up a bit in the back by Judy and I covered the crown of it in green taffeta using koshka’s tutorial as a guide. Then I did a pleated green trim around the lower edge of the crown and added faux flowers to it. There’s some more of the green taffeta fitted on the underside of the brim (kind of like a loose poof) with more white faux flowers attached to that.
The parasol and white cake purse seen in some photos are by Baby, the Stars Shine Bright. The faux pearl necklace is from Forever 21 and the shoes are custom dyed to match my dress from American Duchess.