I used some imported Japanese circus fabric (from etsy) from my stash for the main body of the dresses and some cute blue medallion cotton for the sides. Instead of piping I used rickrack in some of the seams and added some heart trim from Treasurebay Fabrics and some decorative stitching.
The Oliver and S Tea Party dress digital pattern was easy to put together and use and I was happy with the finish of the final dresses. This was my first time using a digital pattern, I wasn’t sure how it was going to work out, but I ended up being very happy with it. I think it’s easier and reasonably efficient to use a digital pattern with a small item like children’s clothing. A few weeks later, I tried an adult men’s pants pattern and it took FOREVER just to print and put together the pieces, so I won’t do that again! Children’s digital patterns = Yes! Adult digital patterns = No!
I hope you like the twins’ little circus dresses! Again, the quilts they are laying on were made by my friend AJ.