My goal recently was to create a vintage inspired (40’s/50’s) capsule wardrobe. (Clothes that mix and match with each other.)
I’ve already posted about the first set I made for this, Vogue 8789, so here’s the rest of my capsule! I have to say that in particular, I love the Hollyburn pink skirt. It was easy to make and super comfortable, though I’m pretty happy with all of these items. I can tell that I’ll be wearing them a lot and reusing some of these patterns in other fabrics and colors! It feels great to sew towards having a more workable wardrobe. These items fit me better and are the colors and styles I want more than most stuff I would find in the store.
- Vogue 8789 cherry check skirt.
- Vogue 8789 cherry check blouse.
- Hollyburn pattern skirt in hot pink cotton sateen with red piping.
- Gertie B6217 white cotton embroidered blouse.
- Wearing History Smooth Sailing blouse in Gertie cherry print.
- (extra: Levi’s capris!)